How did the site of DongMen alter the choreography that you created in the classroom?
I think our choreography didn't change much, because we created ours on the stairs. It looks quiet similar except that the stair is way shorter than the escalator. So it is empty when we are not moving. Besides, I think that when Cindy and Terence carried people down the escalator is too long. Anyway, the escalator is really old and dirty, makes the scene really cool and complementary.
Now that you know this site better; it you were to go back to DongMen, what would you add or subtract form you choreography to make it stronger?
I have two different ideas. First, it would be better to have more scary, because as we saw, DongMen place looks really scary and dark. So, what I thought from that place is that it will be better to show how does human looks like when we are in dark place by adding some scary movements.
Second, it would be cool to express some brightness form image of dark. Because if we only shows dark and scary, it represents black and depress. However, if we add some bright part form inside of dark place, that can represent ambition, which give us energy.
I know that this two ideas is totally opposite, but I think to have either of them would make our theme more clearly.

2 comments:
Nice post, Lauren. I appreciate you starting to dig deeper in your blog posts. The idea of adding light is interesting; I hadn't thought about that.
What were your reactions to the location in general? What is it like for you to witness people living in relative poverty in a place like DongMen surrounded by the relative wealth of Hsinchu? What would you do with a place like DongMen if you were the mayor of Hsinchu? Would you tear it down? leave it? try to revive the industry there? allow people to live there or not?
I have passed by DongMen mall many times, because DongMen is in the center of Hsin Chu downtown. However this is the first time I actually went into the mall and really deep inside to the second and third floor. It's not as scary as I thought, the sunlight is still there. I think it's a perfect place for our films because this is exactly what we want.... a little dirty.... a little scary......
I really think a lot after I went to DongMen, people there are poor and living in a place which are even smaller then my room. I felt sorry for them and thought of how lucky I am for having everything I need.
If I am the mayor of Hsin Chu, I will tear it down and rebuild the male. I will find a home for people who live there. I think it's a good place for many teenager to shop there after rebuild, because it's convenient and near the bus station.
Post a Comment